With Love On Day 221

Dear Readers,
What do I value, what do I love?

family
friends
walking in nature
yoga
freedom
creating
helping others

Now, if you were to look at what I am DOING it would be, 

reading
watching TV
playing games on phone
meeting friends 
going to meetings
blogging
sleeping
practicing yoga
walking with hubby

Hmm. Looks to me that some of what I value is what I am doing, others not so much. 
Now changing habits are hard. I am working on this. 

However, I must keep in mind, that by not drinking, I am already in a better place. I am already changing. 
I must remember how long it took me to come to a place of acceptance of my problem with drinking. It was the slow realization that I wanted a different way of life, for me and the people I love. 
So, I also must remember the new habits or changes I want to make, might take some time too.

This quote from the book, Uncovering Happiness With Mindfulness and Self-Compassion, by Elisa Goldstein, PhD speaks to me. 

Sometimes you hear a voice through the door
               Calling you,
As a fish out of water
Hears the waves…
Come back. Come back.
This turning toward what you deeply love
                Saves you.

Comments

  1. Hi Wendy, acceptance is a big thing. I'm slowly getting there but still have a long way to go. You are doing so well. Love the quote! A x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Acceptance is a key!

      Delete
  2. You are doing lots of the things you love! That's great!

    The most important is to not fall into the trap of doing what you hate because you think you should. Life is too short for that!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anne,
      So true. I can't stay busy just for the sake of being busy.
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Love this post...it makes me think. I need to get off the damn candy crush!!!!!! Love to you!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy,

    You are doing great. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie!
      Thank you!
      I hope all is well with you!
      XO

      Delete
  5. You've come such a long way, and to me sounds like you've ticked off quite a few things off your list! Well done :)

    Growing Positive

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts